Regarding software to use for i1pro 2 with new Mac Pro

Hello Walker,
I just bought i1pro2 and I have Mac Pro M1 laptop. I am unable to load the load the target file piezography-21x16step i1pro2.pwxf.Can any one please let me know which software of iprofiler to download so it will recognize the target file so that I can load it in the profiler.
the profiler software 1.8.2 does not recognize the i1pro2 on my MacBook Pro with M1 chip
Also after loading the latest version of i1profiler software, I clicked on load tab lthen it will only recognize .pxf files instead of pwxf file . When I click on the load tab in i1profiler 2 software it takes me to Patchiest folder in which it has .pxf files only. I even went to the piezography folder followed by images folder and then to profiler folder where all the files are greyed out.
So if any one can send me the fix it will me to proceed.

Thank you in advance
vipul

PWXF is not a target file but is a WORKFLOW file. Please see the video:

hello walker,
I agree that it is workflow file and I did watch the video.
I printed the rage file from print toll and then as per video I am trying to upload the workflow file
How can I upload the workflow file in to profiler. I tried by clicking the load tab and it will not allow to load it . I think I am doing some thing wrong. If you please let me know the steps. I am using the newer version of 1profiler software instead of one you had suggested in your video. The older version which you suggested v1.8.2 in not recognizing my i1pro2.
vipul

Hello Walker,
I tried various versions of iprofiler software and in each of them it does not recognize the pwxf file in the profiler folder. Presently I am utilizing version v3.4.0 profiler software. I tried to utilize v1.8.2 and when I click on profiling tab it says" failed to find any displays. Please make sure that you have correct license file installed." in higher versions of profiler pwxf workflow file is greyed out. It is represents on the screen as a dull grey in color and so it cannot be loaded via load workflow tab. Only files which it recognize are the ones ending in pxf, txt and cxf when I click the tab at the middle section at the bottom. On the screen shot it is revealing txt which I am sending you.

Thank you in advance

vipul

Hello walker,
I think I got it.
No worries.sorry for the all he headaches.
vipul

Hello walker,
sorry walker, I ran in to another issue. I was able to load he 21x16 stepi1pro2 pwxf file, but it is showing 28 columns as shown in the screen shot with diffrerent shades of grey instead of 26 column when I printed the target tiff file.
What do I need to fix it.
I am using version v 3.6.2
I have i1profiler2.
thanks in advance
vipul

I believe I fixed this in the most recent version of piezography community edition so go ahead and download and install that and it should be fixed.

best
-Walker

Also this: Printed target 21x16 measurement using i1pro2 - #3 by walkerblackwell

Hello walker,
Thank you. I did download now. I also downloaded version 2.3.4 of print tool and new version of QUAD RIP.
After which When I try to print in Quad P800 pro printer, It will connect to printer P800 and then after few seconds it will disconnect.
I do not know why?
If you are able to shed some light please let me know.
I thought of going back to older version of print tool or Quad RIP but that does not make sense.
Should I go back to older versions of Print tool and or Quad Rip?
Thanks in advance
vipul

I mean it will Connect to QuadP800 -pro printer when I click the print tab in Print -tool and in few seconds it will remove the printing job as if it has completed from the dialog box of Quad P800 - Pro.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions
Sincerely,
Vipul

Sounds like something is up with your Printing System. Have you tried resetting it?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support.

Should note, this will delete all your printed and you will need to reinstall.

I just did the resetting and the problem is solved.
Thank you for your suggestion!
Sincerely,
vipul

1 Like

Excellent. Happy printing!

Hello sir,
I was viewing the Piezography ICC profiling tutorial and I have a minor question regarding it.
Let us say hypothetically, I want to do profiling of canon pro platinum paper for learning purpose. And I am going to use Piezography -256step-i1pro2 tif file in print tool. Question is , do I have to select P800 Canson Palatine neutral curve( Glossy)from the Quadtone RIP in print -tool to print the tiff file or I can use either glossy or matte curve and it does not matter as I am printing it on a pro platinum paper of canon.

I am starting to enjoy printing and so I have some not so intelligent question
Sincerely,
vipul

To start you’ll need to pick a curve that is for a paper that is similar to Canon Pro Platinum. Since this is a glossy paper you definitely need to start with a curve that is also for a glossy paper because you want the Photo Black (PK) and Gloss Optimizer (GO).

I’m not familiar with Canon Pro Platinum paper but this thread discusses Creating a brand new curve for a paper not listed and might give you some ideas on where to start.

Thank You.
FYI: Canson infinity Palatine is similar to Canon pro Platinum as per their website.
vipul

1 Like