What is the darkest L value with HDMK ink on Type2 paper?

Seems to me like there is just some major blockings of the dampers (like air blocking) and this is causing intermittent drop-outs.

It’s always hard with these printers though. They can become true lemons.

-Walker

I bought a bunch of piezoflush, ran it through the head and things are not getting better. I’m going to let it sit overnight. I’m beginning to fear the head is dead. I had several head strikes recently, not sure if that could have an effect.

What is your recommendation for going forward? I’m obviously invested in the p800 with the chip decoder board and ink tanks. Should I replace the print head (I feel like I can likely handle this myself). Should I look for a different printer? I’m not having any luck finding anything on the used market in Seattle or Portland. I can however drive 20 minutes and pick up a print head from Compass Micro.

Not sure why the flush looks black here…

I printed this from the LC channel in calibration mode, notice the spotting. What is that?

I finally got my printer working again after nearly two months. After several routes without success, I ultimately replaced the print head and ink pump assembly myself to the tune of $1,050 and 7 hours of labor. Not for the faint of heart! What surprised me is realizing that my old head was clearly skewed from the manufacturer and I never purged all the color ink out of the lines after nearly 300ml of piezography ink. I have not checked dmax yet (prints are still drying) but I feel like I’m finally going to realize what piezography is capable of!

1 Like