We have to move ... (to Pro)

To Joh and his Complet Staff …

All the best and fingers crossed for ‘the move’!

I’m using P-600 and P2 since 2018 (not that long compared to the 20 years), I’ve to move aswell.

Any recommandations to switch from P2 to Pro?

• New cartridges with the new ink-system and printing several sheets of ‘channel ink seperation’ sheet?
  • With the Pro you’ve to switch on the printer’s display (PK or MK) to print MAtt or Gloss?
  • With Pro the GO is applied directly (no need to run a second pass with only the GO)?

Thanks.

P.

Hi Peter,

I’m not from the staff but may help with your questions.

• I think you can just use the “init fill” procedure to charge the inks, empty maintenance tank recommended.
  • You have to switch from MK to PK yes, depending on the media you print on.
  • The GO is directly applied when printing in PK, note that it is applied on all of the paper surface you set on Print Tool, not just the part you print on. In the case you leave margins in Print Tool, margins will receive GO too so the gloss is uniform.

Frankie

Hello Frankie, thanks to clarify already.

So - the best is to use new cartrdiges and with the ‘initial fill procedure’ I can start up the printer with the new inkset?
And best is to ‘purge/remove’ the ‘old’ inkt by printing several sheets of ‘channel ink seperation sheet’?
Or what would be the best method to replace the old with the new inkt?

Thanks.

P.

Hi Peter,
Ideally it’s a good move to first fill in the printer with Piezo Flush and let it sit a few days as it will help dissolve old pigments, then put the new ink and Init Fill.
The init fill should purge most of the residual Piezo Flush but yes you can print some ink separation sheets after this if you still see some red from the Piezo Flush.

Frankie