To Flush or Not to Flush

I’m setting up a P6000 for P-Pro inks. The current literature is a little bit wishy-washy on whether I should flush the lines. I bought a 350ml P-Pro kit, and I know ideally we’d be starting from a totally new printer, or flushed printer. However if I can successfully just load up the Pro inks and be good after a few print sessions, that will save me currently $645 dollars. Conversely, I could flush a couple of the lines as my understanding is a couple of the inks take longer to dissipate in prints. I don’t want to waste money basically… Any advice for me?

Nobody has any advice here?

It’s a half dozen or another. If you want to do a partial-purge you can put PF in the Yellow channel only and do the rest directly to Piezo. Then do a lot of more cleaning on Yellow (or manual purge printing) and then switch to pro with manual purge printing on that channel. That is probably the most cost effective.

warm regards
-Walker

Right. For me it was always the yellow channel that took forever to flush out. PF is certainly a good way to proceed for that color. Then you will need to clean out the PF pink color.

My advice would be, if you see a color that takes much longer to clean out, happening in the light inks, create a 24x40” rectangle in photoshop of that color, medium value, and run as many as necessary until you see see a clean gray. You can do this with cheap bond paper at high speed. I would buy a 24” roll of the cheapest bond paper paper you can find. Even butcher paper would work. I usually did about three pair cleanings of the problem color first though.

John