Test on Awagami Select papers

After several successful tests on Awagami Editioning papers and other uncoated papers, I get the same “strange effect” on two papers including the Hakuho Select (45% Kozo | 55% cotton):
On the 129 steps (warm / Cool & Neutral), the tone is completely uniform lines 1->6 and lines 13->15 but is not in lines 7 -> 11. On other papers whose structure is quite similar (Arches Velin for example) I do not have this result. Testing on papers that are not intended for inkjet printing remains hazardous, but I was curious and I was wondering if anyone here had ever had this type of result or knew what could be the reason.

This looks like an over-ink problem.

Can you upload the .quad(s) you are using to print this target with? I will look.

The curve blender tool can be used to limit the .quad down in select areas by adding the main curve to COOL side and then zeroing out the entire WARM side. Then set the “Neutral Warm %” to 50 and start with setting cool to 100% all the way down. This will start out with no change to the curve.

Changing the cool % to a lower amount in the tonal areas that are printing grainy will limit the .quad in those areas by a corresponding %. Then copy and paste the “blended” curve into a new .quad and test that.

best,

Walker

The upcoming Piezography driver (still a ways away for Pro ink on paper but soon for PiezoDN Pro) will have thin paper options (limited ink) btw.

[attachment file=28464]

Screen-Shot-2017-09-27-at-10.43.36-AM.png

Thanks Walker, here the quads (from Hosho)

best,

Anthony

bp-quad-Hosho280917.zip (6.55 KB)

Thank you!