Stubborn clog on 9900 - cyan/magenta channel

I have some persistent deflected nozzles in the cyan and magenta channels in our 9900/Piezo Pro printer. The machine had the wiper blade and ink selector unit replaced in March and has been pretty trouble free until a few weeks ago. I’ve done several standard paired channel cleans, one powerful channel clean, and a cl3 for those channels, but can’t seem to fix it - there’s at least one or two line breaks in the nozzle pattern. On Friday I cleaned the capping station and wiper blade per the IJM cleaning video. This cleared things up temporarily in the magenta channel, but there was still a deflected nozzle in the cyan channel. I did a nozzle check this morning and am seeing deflections in the magenta channel again, along with issues in the cyan channel.

Any suggestions on what else to try? I can’t see air in the lines and the carts look primed.

Can you upload a nozzle check?

Thanks,

W

Hi Walker

Nozzle checks attached.

In between the 2nd and 3rd nozzle test prints is where I did the following on 9/15/17: Paired CL3 clean for C/VM channel from service mode. Then cleaning of wiper blade, capping station, Piezoflush on the metal mesh unit per the IJM video. Let printer sit overnight. On 9/16/17 - had some deflected nozzles at startup in the Cyan but was able to clear most of them, and to print w/o any banding. I don’t have the nozzle test from this day, sorry.

Nozzle check #3 is from startup today, 9/18. Nozzle #4 is after a standard paired C/VM cleaning.

It looks like you have 1 permanent nozzle out on the Cyan, but that the rest of the problems are actually to do with a failing or miss-aligned cleaning assembly.

The motors on the cleaning assemblies are fragile and can go quickly . . . you can adjust the assembly height in the maintenance mode. This sometimes fixes the problem.

-W

Thank you Walker. Would the cleaning assembly height adjust be what the service menu calls the “Cleaning PG”?

I see in the service manual that “Cleaning PG” adjusts the gap between wiper and printhead. Is this the adjustment you’re referring to? There’s not a mention of a “cleaning assembly”. The service manual does refer to a “Cleaning PG Adjustment gauge”, which I don’t have. Maybe there is a default height to reset it to?