Strange Issue using an i1Pro 3

I’m using an i1Pro3 to linearize Pro print profiles. I’ve used an il spectro for years but the Pro3 is relatively new to me.

I’m getting an error message that I’ve not seen before: “No substrate detected. Substrate left and right of patches was not scanned or substrate color left and right are not the same.”

I’ve checked everything. Restarted my computer, rebooted the software, double-checked the settings, etc. There is nothing odd or unique about the printed target. It looks perfect to my eye.

I’m at a loss. Has anyone seen this issue before? Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Give 1/4 of a second delay on each side as your are reading

-Walker

1 Like

Walker- The “fixed” 21x16 workflow file for the i1Pro3 works! Thank you.

I’m necessarily using i1Profiler v3.5. When Single Scan is selected three reports are generated: Filter- No, Filter- D50, and Filter- UV. Which data set should be used?

@bill, when I started using the i1Profiler workflow I researched this question but for the life of me can’t find the notes as to why, but do have my working files and am using the M0 data.

Thanks, Scott. I’m moving ahead this morning with the MO data set.

If I understand correctly, M0 (no filter), M1 (D50 filter), and M2 (UV filter). I think the reason M0 is fine is we really just want the L* value, and the UV filter (or not) should only be impacting A and B values.

@PiezographySupport is that correct?

I’m having the same issue, the “no substrate detected” and I am giving the meter sufficient time on both ends and am moving it slowly. Also while the target on the screen indicates “i1p2-iProfiler- 21x16 fixed” it does not accurately match the printed target. The printed target is 13 vertical rows x 26 wide, in the i1prolfie software it’s 12 x 28.

21x16 step i1Pro3.tif, 21x16 step-i1Pro3.pPXF (Pwxf is not recognized by the profiler software)

Basically stated they don’t match. Further in the piezography target folder the suffix is pwxf, which the iProfiler software does not even allow usage of.

This is with a brand new i1profiler Basic and i1profile 3.6.3 using Monterey.

Looks like you have an old version of Community Edition installed.

This is the correct workflow:
Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro3.pwxf.zip (8.3 KB)

I have community version 3.3.1, that seems to be the most recent version I can find.

And still I have the issue where the i1profilier does not recognize PWXF files.

I’m really not sure what to say here . . . .

-Walker

Got it. I was loading the target by hitting load and getting a window that I would then follow to community edition and get the target there. But it would not see PWXF files. However now I see that the piezo targets are ALL in the saved workflows drop down of profiler, which I assumed was empty because I never saved any workflows and did not know how i1profiler would have put them there without my action.

One question, is there any difference between the 21x16 step pro2 or pro3 versions?

There is no difference between P2 and P3.

best
-Walker