Spot or strip measurment with i1pro2

I’ve just printed the 129 step wedge using my process and want to try scanning it now.

Is it best to use strip or spot measurement for this?

Also, is all the measurement done within ColorPort?

I see two tabs, Create target and Measure target. I assume you should have the second selected.

The spectro is connected and the white lights are pulsing indicating it is calibrated. What next? Just attach it to the measuring board and start reading the targets in line by line?

I see Target/Select Target or Target Manager…

Apart from this there aren’t many other options to explore in the software.

Cheers

You need to read the manual and follow the steps. I am not going to re-write it on this forum.

Two hints:

1. You need to import the 129 step target XML file.

2. Spot mode.

-Walker

Ok, I’ve realized now that you have to import the correct target in target manager. It would seem I’ve printed the target for i1Profiler in my process though. Can the target be read in i1Profiler or will I need to start again by printing the ColorPort target?

Do you mean the Piezography manual or the manual within ColorPort? If you can point me to where it tells you explicitly I will follow the instructions.

It says ‘this manual does not tell you how to read the measurements’ and that is what I’m trying to figure out now. Just need a few hints.

I’ve figured out how to import the XML file

Ok, I’ve read in all 129 patches successfully with the i1pro2. That was easy enough.

There is no option to save the lab data as a .txt file though.

I have these option…

Profilemaker5
CGATS
CSV
tab Delimited
EFI calibrator extended forma

and also an option for Conversion

Where do I go from here? I need to copy into Excel but I’m unsure how to save it for this

They all seem to save as a txt file upon inspection. I just need to know the correct way to save the file.

It should be Tab Delimited with only “LAB” checked on.

These steps and screenshots are written starting on page 60 in the manual. Most of those screenshots will be also included in the PiezoDN section on the next release.

Best,

Walker

Have saved it correctly (I think) and entered the data in the CGATs smoother and saved the new measurements

The only place I am stuck now is where to find the QTR-Linearlize-Quad.

I cannot see it in Windows. Is it only available to Mac?

Re-install QuadtoneRIP for windows. When you open the installer, check on the “Curve Creation Tools”. This will install the QTR-Linearize-Quad droplet.

You may find it useful to also read the QTR manual.

best,

Walker

Hi Walker, thanks. I do have the manual open in front of me. As you can see I’ve got through most of the steps with it. I’m just checking that I’m doing things 100% correct here.

The QTR-Linearize-Quad was missing however so I will try the re-install as suggested

Ok, I have a -lin Quad :open_mouth:

Fingers crossed this actually works

It worked! Very pleased with my first attempt at calibrating a process! Looking forward to working out the nuances now :slight_smile:

That’s a scan of a salt print with 20 mins exposure in my UV box. Looks a very good comparison to the original file.

!!! THIS LOOKS GREAT!

I’m glad it’s working for you.

best,

Walker

That’s printed on the wrong side of the paper, short of the standard printing time. So room for small improvements!
Amazed at how well the first print has come out without any tweaking though.

Thank you for your patience with my somewhat basic questions at times. It was worth staying up til 4am to print the correct step-test then muddling through the rest of the calibration this morning. Now I’ve gone through once it will become easier. Such a beautiful, well-designed workflow. Was expecting to come across way more stumbling blocks on the way to figuring it out.

I demonstrated salt printing at the behest of my old tutor today and the students seemed to really enjoy.

If the R2880 hadn’t have developed an un-blockable nozzle last Mon I still wouldn’t have got this up and running by now. The manual looked daunting so I was putting it off, wrongly so.

Hopefully now I have a new 1500W I won’t encounter the same problems with blockages as my clapped-out R2880. So appendages crosses there will be less evenings of flushing nozzles and head cleanings and more time making prints. Hooray

Big up to you, Gareth for not giving up on this!! :slight_smile:

I told you it would be worth it. Or if I didn’t tell you, I meant to.