Spot measurements with i1 profiler

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app for doing spot measurements with the i1Profiler. I have the photo version so it doesn’t have that feature. Thank you.

i1Profiler is fully capable in demo mode for all the different measurement types. ? Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

ColorPort also does spot measurements as well.

best,

Walker

One feature that Datacolor Print has is the ability to use the Spectrophotometer to take a spot measurement and get a lab reading instantly in a small window. So when I’m comparing prints I can quickly ascertain the difference in patches. It doesn’t require me to have a target. Unfortunately you can’t do the same in i1Profiler and I just looked at Color Port again and it requires a target also. I want to be able to do this with i1 profiler, but I have to upgrade to the publish edition. The X-rite technician said there are third party programs but he couldn’t name names.

In colorport:

Just make a new “blank” target in colorport (say 1 or 2 or 3 patches), save the target .tif (this you can throw away) and then when you go ahead to measure and select this target you will wee 1, 2, or 3 patches to measure.

After measuring these patches, export as LAB (tab decimated). It’s no instant but it wont force you to do make 21 measurements.

best,

Walker

Here is a third-party option : http://www.babelcolor.com/products.htm it’s called PatchTool. It’s $125 dollar option or luxury depending on your viewpoint. I got this info from Andrew Rodney, “The Digital Dog”. He finds it quite useful and his line of work. I’m thinking about it, will let you know if I get it.

Yes, PatchTool works well (I have used it on occasion). I did not mention as it’s not free.

best,

W