Should I install OEM ink on a new P800?

Hello
I will buy a new P-800, it is better to load the OEM inks and then change for the piezo inks for testing the printer? And don’t have
flush carts.
Thank you

I bought my P 800 and all that I needed to use the Cone Inks a few months ago. My plan was to use the Epson ink’s until they ran out, before installing the Cone Inks and decoder board. I am glad I did since the purchased printer developed a hardware problem, which Epson fixed by sending me another P 800.

Thank you for the feedback

You will need to flush the printer with PiezoFlush after running Epson inks before installing Piezography inks otherwise the residual colors will stain the grays.

If you are installing ConeColors, flushing won’t be necessary since each Epson color is being replaced by the same Cone color.

With a new printer, you have to decide for yourself whether or not you are willing to take a chance that you might have a problem such as Jeannie describes. Epson likes to try to blame all problems on a 3rd party when possible.

Personally, I’ve taken that chance several times over the years and haven’t regretted it, but I am aware of the risk.

Keith

Thank you Keith!

Moises