QTR Resolution 2880 Resolution

I have a new P6000 and I’m using Canson Baryta II paper. I was using a 4880 and was not having this issue, I think. What I’m seeing is gradations and some tones that are not as smooth. Like in skies, I took one picture and blurred the sky on purpose to test and the what I call peppering is still happening. Also happing areas of light to shadows show this peppering. I’m using a standard platen gap, I tried wide and narrow but no change. QTR was reinstalled recently as I wanted a clean install for an upgrade. Is there a way in the QTR print job to see the resolution QTR is actually printing at. I read in the forum about QTR getting stuck at a lower resolution. Is there a way to see in the QTR print job the resolution QTR is actually printing at or a way to check by printing. Like make a filled object with a gradation save at 360, 720 dpi in photoshop and print at various resolutions of 720, 1440 and 2880 resolutions in QTR.

Thanks
John

I was doing a little more testing and a Narrow platen gap provided a little better smoothing in the gradations of the sky on the Baryta paper. I also printed from my laptop and was getting similar results so I not think QTR resolution is at 2880 . So my thoughts are when printing with Canson Arches 88 matte paper because the ink spreads out more compared to Canson Baryta II paper the sky gradations and shadows to light look smoother. Maybe just need to get used to this on Baryta paper.

Thanks
John

anyone have any ideas !