Print-Tool V 1.07 versus 2.0 for negatives

The new version of QTR’s Print-Tool has some negative friendly options:

[caption id="" align=“alignnone” width=“800”]

Version 2 of QTR Print Tool[/caption]

But since the PiezoDN quad files are already ‘inverted’ so that they print as negatives, the only thing we really need to do is flip the image horizontally (which, BTW, is still accessible in the printing dialog). But it sure would be nice to have the border options that the V2 Print Tool offers.

The older V1 Print Tool doesn’t have the check box specifically for negatives, of course:

[caption id="" align=“alignnone” width=“800”]

Print Tool Version 1[/caption]

Has anyone figured out if any of these new option are of any use to PiezoDN users? Just curious.

I was looking at this just a couple days ago and came to the same conclusion. Since there is no way to invoke the new Negative feature without it inverting the image, it is not useful for users of PiezoDN.

A Flip horizontally option is part of the Print settings and can be saved as part of a preset. I’m not sure how long this option has been available. I only noticed it earlier in the summer. I’ve been using QTR since shortly after it was first released and never noticed it before. I haven’t seen or heard anyone else mention it either. It doesn’t seem to be a QTR specific feature since I see it in the Epson driver too.

You can, of course, make any kind of border you like in Ps by expanding the canvas size with white or black (or both) depending on what you want. A bit of a nuisance to be sure.

yeah. Sadly, the order by which all of these new neg options exist is before the .quad prints so it all gets moot.

PiezoDN’s heart is in the special inversion curve. This is what makes it tick. I’ll see if Roy has the ability to post-process the background in a different way.