PiezoPro inks for digital negs for SILVER prints

I understand that there is currently no recommended process for using PiezoPro inkset for DN. However from what I have read that appears to be an issue relating to UV light? Is it possible then that if the purpose of the DN is for silver printing, done without a UV light source, would the PiezoPro inks be workable?

1 Like

If you print on the OHP opaque film, it will work. This makes the light more diffuse.

FYI, we’re working on some new (non beta) curves for Pro that should be out in a few months that will allow us to officially support the ink set. Richard Boutwell has it working to his satisfaction as well.

We made some tweaks to the ink (after the first and second initial batches) to allow for better dig neg printing . . .

best,
Walker

1 Like

Thanks Walker.

Those tweaks to the PiezoPro inks that allow for better DN printing, are those the inks that have been out for a few months? I bought my Pro inks in January.

Also what is the shelf life for the Pro inks. I tend to keep a backup supply in case I need to do a lot of printing on a tight deadline and am concerned that the ink I need may not be available when I need it.

1 Like

Shelf life is 2yrs. (like all pigment ink it needs agitation when in cart)

If you bought in Jan, this should be the new stuff.

best,
Walker

1 Like

I looked up OHP Opaque and even went to the Mitsuibishi web site and could not find it. What film are you referring to?

Thank you Walker. I appreciate it.

Here is the film Walker is referring to:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/544979-REG/Pictorico_PICT35002_Pictorico_Pro_Hi_Gloss_White.html

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated.

Walker, would you recommend the opaque film for silver digi negs on the selenium set with HD PK, or would you use the typical ultra premium ohp for that inkset?

1 Like

Either works well.

best,
Walker

1 Like