PiezoPro Ink slot assignments

Hi Walker,

It appears that page formatting is messed up in the PiezoPro Deluxe Edition PDF document on pages 17-21 which includes the Ink Placement Charts. Some of the headings are above the appropriate chart, some of the headings appear below the charts and this leads to some possible confusion (at least for me) on which table to use.

In my case it is further confused because I have ordered the Set 9 (K8) system for my 7900 with a dead green channel and I believe I should use the 7890 ink placement chart instead of the 7900 chart. Is that correct? Assuming so, I’m still not sure I am reading the correct chart from the document due to the formatting. Ink placement MUST be right on the first go and I don’t want any screwup on this, so this is why I’m nit picking on this detail.

Thanks, Dave

P.S. On a related topic: I’d like to try to convince you to make the document available with LETTER page size, and ONE logical page per physical page, not the way it is currently sized and formatted two-up. It makes it extremely difficult for the average person to get a nicely printed version that is readable. I know you must have a larger office printer at InkjetMall to accommodate the larger page size you have chosen, but the vast majority of us do not. I think you want your users to EASILY print this document and read it using what is available to them in their home or home office, and that is a LETTER sized printer. It also turns out that a LETTER sized page one-up would even make it easier to read the doc on a PC or tablet screen. Thanks for listening.

Working on the ink placement charts. Will update on Monday. I saw that today fyi.

For now, this is the best resource: http://piezography.com/choose-piezography-printers

Set 9 is right. You are welcome to order a Cool Very Light Grey in the future when it’s available. Your printer supports it as pro will enable K4/K5 printing (one hue running K4 and the other K5).

Will reformat to letter (in the plans), but this is more complicated than it looks. This manual was created as a printed book originally.

best,

Walker

Thanks. It’s quite intriguing that I could do a K4/K5 setup in my 7900 with my dead green channel. If I understand the charts you pointed me to with the link above, I think you meant I could add a Warm Very Light Grey (not a Cool Very Light Grey) since it is my GREEN channel that is dead. The chart for the 7900 for PRO inks says Cool Very Light Grey goes in the GREEN channel and Warm Very Light Grey goes in the ORANGE channel. So I think my setup would be K4 (Cool) / K5 (Warm). If my understanding here is wrong, please let me know.

Any thoughts about whether the additional very light warm shade would make a noticeable difference? For sure it would be found mainly in the highlights, and more likely if I am doing warm prints or a split that includes warm highlights. I will probably need to first get an overall sense of quality and toning options with the K4/K4 setup which I’ve already ordered and then maybe expand from there later to include the Warm Very Light Grey.

Dave

Thanks. It's quite intriguing that I could do a K4/K5 setup in my 7900 with my dead green channel. If I understand the charts you pointed me to with the link above, I think you meant I could add a Warm Very Light Grey (not a Cool Very Light Grey) since it is my GREEN channel that is dead. The chart for the 7900 for PRO inks says Cool Very Light Grey goes in the GREEN channel and Warm Very Light Grey goes in the ORANGE channel. So I think my setup would be K4 (Cool) / K5 (Warm). If my understanding here is wrong, please let me know.
In theory you are correct. However, because the Cool inks are more Neutral they are printed more. So it’s important to maximize there quality. It makes it a little more complicated, but you would replace the lightest shade of warm with the lightest shade of cool and print K4-Warm and K5-Cool to maintain the highest print quality.

Any thoughts about whether the additional very light warm shade would make a noticeable difference? For sure it would be found mainly in the highlights, and more likely if I am doing warm prints or a split that includes warm highlights. I will probably need to first get an overall sense of quality and toning options with the K4/K4 setup which I've already ordered and then maybe expand from there later to include the Warm Very Light Grey.
I would say it all would come out in the wash. Really, it’s still way beyond K3 (2 shades lighter actually) so it’s nothing to worry about too much.
best,
Walker