piezoDN Pro ink curves - silver and plat/palladium

Hi Walker
I see the 3880-PiezoDNPro-MASTER-beta; whats the news on curves for silver and pd/pt for 3880 Pro

Thanks

Jon

I hope to have these in the new year. I did some chemical changes (but same exact carbon/pigment loads) to the Pro ink in 2018 to allow for better dig-neg dot performance. This has been the part that has delayed things.

-Walker

Thanks, Walker. Much appreciated

Hi Walker - it’s been a while since this message - would you be able to share a 3880 DN Pro silver curve please?

Don’t have it but willing to build one with someone who has a silver darkroom

-Walker

Ah - gotcha.
I have a silver darkroom and would like to collaborate.

Hi Jon - did you, or anyone else in the forum, arrive at a silver gelating curve with PiezoDN Pro inks? I am especially interested in finding a curve for the P7000-9000 printers. If there is not one out there, I’ll go ahead and start building one and share when done.
Thanks, Pradip

There’s a working silver curve for Pro inks and P9000 installed on the server computer at CEP. But Jon would have to find it first :wink: hint: it’s actually installed.

It’s built for multi-grade 00 filter, the target Nathanael and I built it from was pretty grainless so working great. Some re-mapping may also need to happen.

There you have it.

-Walker

Pradip,

We are not in the habit of publishing curves that we have no way of proving ourselves. We do not have a silver darkroom here at CEP as you know. We did make a curve for a customer for Loma Fomabrom Variant III 112 FB VC Paper. We didn’t charge for the work and relied on him and his darkroom. In the end, he ordered a single $65 5x7 negative and did not return for more. So, not 100% confident in this by any means and been reluctant to publish it as a result. Having said that - here it is. I x’d out the customer name to protect the innocent! :wink:

xxxxxx-Silver-cmatch.quad (8.3 KB)

all my best,

Jon