PiezoDN Getting Started

I think you may need to raise the platen gap a bit because you head is hitting the film.

best,
Walker

1 Like

I assume you loaded this from the top (not back) as I mentioned in person last week?

best,
Walker

1 Like

this could be an issue…our tests so far have been loaded in the usual rear manual feed slot. Please clarify where the top feed is. Thanks.

1 Like

The top feed is at the top of the printer aka the normal place where you put paper for printing (do nozzle checks, etc).

-Walker

1 Like

Also known as the sheet feed.

1 Like

Yes, that’s where we’ve been loading the Pictorico…

First you said:

Then you said:

Yes, that’s where we’ve been loading the Pictorico…

The top-feed that Walker is referring to is the sheet-feed, NOT the rear manual-feed. If you are using the top-feed/sheet-feed, you are not using the rear manual feed, and vice versa.

OTOH, I’ve been using 38XX’s for a very long time and I’m not so sure it actually makes a difference in this context. That is not true for the front manual-feed.

Sorry for butting in. :wink:

1 Like

The Piezography saga continues. This week we’ve had better luck getting Pictorico sheets through the printer without random gashes, but on close examination there are still faintly visible lines running perpendicular to the feed path. The platen has been set at “widest” IMG_1912|375x500

1 Like

If you are feeding from the top (sheet feed) then you shouldn’t have to set this to widest at all. Normal should work just fine.

And you have verified that ALL nozzles are firing before doing the print correct? Every nozzle has to be clean before printing.

-Walker

1 Like

Maybe this is as good as it gets?
-Loaded from the top
-Power Clean beforehand
-Platen gap set at “Normal”
-hand hold it as it comes out

1 Like

Also make sure it’s set to UNiDirection not Bydirectional and 2880dpi.

-Walker

1 Like

After adhering 2 inch tabs on each end of the 8.5x11 PIctorico film, we’ve gotten some successful negatives.

However today we tried sending 16x20 sheets of Pictorico through but have tons of fine scratches left by the head, lines that run perpendicular to the feed direction. Are we asking too much?

1 Like

Something is catching on the 17x22 film. Check the feed area and run a film though and actually look at it as it’s going through. Adjust as necessarily. Be especially careful of the 4 corners (curl them away from the emulsion before you feed/print).

best regards,
Walker

1 Like