PiezoDN for pozitive processes

My time is in limited supply lately, and I can’t do the regular Pd prints at the moment. So I decided to at least start “regular” Piezography printing, since inks are already in my printer. Since I’m not aware of any K6 curves, I would like to start from the scratch. So my plan was to print the calibration target with 1430-PiezoDN-Pos-Master curve, measure the print, linearise it and start printing… I did the first and the second, put the output csv file through CGATS_smoother tool and export txt file. Then when I tried to linearise the new quad, the txt-out file says, that "The Lab values are not in order.
" and therefore the quad can not be linearised. I’m including the files, if that helps solving the problem.

80g_m2 tiskalnik-pozitiv_POS.txt (10.0 KB) 80g_m2 tiskalnik-pozitiv_POS-out.txt (12.1 KB)
1430-PiezoDN-Pos-Master.quad (6.4 KB)

Cheers,
Marko

Don’t use the POS Master.quad.

What you need to do is put Ultra HD Matte Black ink in the black cartridge and then download the Piezography Community Edition package. Install it. Go to Applications>Piezography>Curves-HD> and install the 1430 curves you see there. These will work as is.

best,
Walker

Quickstart guide and full manual here:

Cheers Walker! Since I don’t expect you have a quad for a paper I’m working with, I guess I can use one of the curves and linearise it the same way I would linearise PiezoDN quad?

Cheers,
Marko

yes,

best regards
Walker

Hi Walker,

Ultra HD black arrived, and I printed the master curve on Awagami Kozo 110 g/m2. When trying to linearize, I again got can’t linearise TXT-out. I’m attaching it. Could you help, please?
Awagami_kozo_master.txt (10.0 KB) Awagami_kozo_master-out.txt (12.1 KB)

Cheers,
Marko

replace the “,” with “.”

best
Walker

In TXT file? I will. The joys of global differences ;-).

Cheers,
Marko

Hi Walker,

I did, but the result is still the same. Is it possible, that something is wrong with my global preferences? I have decimal separator as “,” and thousand separator as none. I

Cheers,
Marko