PiezoDN Curves

I have the Piezo K6-Digital Negative inkset on my Epson 9800. I want to make silver gelatin prints. I want to use the PiezoDN tools.

1. If I use the PZDN to PiezoDN conversion, which resulting curve should I use? PiezoDN-x8-Meth3-1_6v2.quad or PiezoDN-x8-Meth3-1_6v3-P2.quad? It appears that neither would work with my inkset. Is this true? Can I get conversion curves that begin with P2M-PZDN-x800-Meth3?

2. What curve was used to begin the PZDN to PiezoDN conversion?

3. If I don’t use PZDN to PiezoDN conversion, can I use a 3880 PiezoDN-Master.quad followed by “limiting” or the P2M-PZDN-x800-Meth3-1_6v3.quad? Will there be a 9800 PiezoDN-Master.quad available soon?

4. I don’t understand the notation “v2” or “v3” in the PiezoDN curve titles. Do these refer to inksets other than mine?

5. With the above in mind, can I successfully stick with my current K6-Digital Negative setup and use PiezoDN or do I need to change my inkset?

Tim

When you say the K6 Digital Negative inkset, you mean you have shades 2.5 and 4.5?

Or do you have shades 1,2,3,4,5,6 and GO installed?

Walker

I have the K6 Digital Negative inkset with the 2.5 in the Yellow slot and the 4.5 in the LLK slot. From my understanding, this requires P2M-PZDN-x800-Meth3 curves (Matte prints and digital negs with 1 inkset.). Can I successfully use the PiezoDN with this inkset? Do the conversions (PZDN to PiezoDN) only use <span><span style=“color: #3f3f3f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif;”><span style=“font-size: 14px;”>shades 1,2,3,4,5,6 and GO, or can they originate from the P2M-PZDN-x800-Meth3 curves, that I have and that are relevant to my 9800 setup?</span></span></span>

I want to use the limiting tool in PiezoDN to make silver gelatin prints. I need to know what specific curves to use.

Tim

If I have to change my inkset to shades <span style=“color: #3f3f3f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>1,2,3,4,5,6 and GO, can I still make digital prints and digital negatives using PiezoDN?</span>

Tim

Yes. You can use PiezoDN with your current inkset. Inside of your curves folder there is a folder called PZDN_to_PiezoDN. The meth3 curve you need is in there. It’s been converted to work with PiezoDN.

Place it in the appropriate folder and install it. You will be able to limit it and linearize it just like PiezoDN so choose a dense “PZDN” curve.

best,

Walker