P2 carbon linearization?

Hi, trying to do profile some Ilford Gold Fiber Silk on carbon P2 on 4800.

I printed off a 700 patch target using P2-CAR-HDPK-MASTER.quad, and GO 3000, i then scanned with colorport using dpt70 and save file.

When loaded in excel there are a lot of falses?

To me it all looks a bit off?

P2-Car-ILDGF-3000GO-Car-PKHDMaster.txt (11.3 KB)

Any thoughts?

thanks

Hi, ok I tried installing then curve-hd version, was using non had version, note go curves failed to install.

I tried printing 700 patch for Canson baryta photographic with the default curve, and once again after scanning and entering data in excel I get the same large amount of fails and odd data?

Thanks

1 Like

Ok still trying to get this sorted :frowning:

Nozzle check looks all ok, but shade 6 is very light, I don’t have a previous check to compare it with, can anyone let me know if shade 6 looks as it should?

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Your shade 7 looks fine. Can you share screenshots of the Excel settings?

best,
Walker

1 Like

Ok, that is one thing out of the way thanks.

screen shots attached, only top and bottom as can’t get middle in the screen.

note i did try and create a new curve, but this printed way too much black ink!

thanks

1 Like

So, I think there is a few things going on. 1. You may have not properly copy/pasted into the measurements area. It’s important to delete all the data in there and paste starting at a1.

Also, you may need to download and use the most recent PPE if you are using the 21x16 step target.

best,
Walker

1 Like

Thanks for reply,

I did think this and tried this process a few times following the manually to the T, even closing and opening excel, I will check but believe I have latest version.

I also tried a proof of piezography print on can baryta photographic using default uhd curve for this paper and one using the gloss master uhd curve.

The gloss master showed a lot less detail in the highlights and shadows!

I think I will delete all curves and printers and start from scratch and then try a print on the supplied can baryta photo and see how that looks.

1 Like

But you see all the falses? Please private message me a zip of your saved PPEv2 spreadsheet. I’d like to take a look.

best,
Walker

1 Like

Seems I had an out of date ppe , I have updated and reinstalled printers.

I have printed a new 21x16 target and will run through my dtp70 tomorrow and see what it shows.

Thanks

1 Like

Ok, deleted the existing PPE excel and installed update version of PPE and confirmed i already had latest community version installed.

Printed of a fresh DTP70 700 step target using P2-CAR-PKHD-MASTER curve, run this through colorport with DPT70, save file as per manual.

Loaded both into the new PPE excel file using the exact instructions in the manual, not when pasting both i get different size error as the default date was bigger that both quad and measurements.

Still getting lots falses.

Have send zip PPE via pm

thanks

1 Like

I sent a reply. It was a copy/paste issue.

best,
Walker

1 Like