No Silver profile for P400 for Pro inks

Why is there no silver profile for the P400? Its the only reason I got the Pro Ink set. Does this mean I have to profile from scratch myself, negating the whole point of the PiezoDN ‘software’? or am I missing something.

I printed a neg from the master profile but even before printing I can see it is way too dark and contrasty compared to a previous negative I printed with OEM inks and my own profile. I’ll try it anyway and see what I get.

As we do not have silver darkroom access here I have not been able to build it out for this printer ink/darkroom combo. Bear in mind there are roughy 1800 printer/ink/process combos to support. Silver has always been a bit of a struggle. I am entirely into R&Ding this with you for free via mail though.

This target is what we use internally for print measuring. Turn the DevOut starting curve much darker to start with (look at the manual for custom tuning) and then maybe a second time after a first print. Then print the target film and silver print here and send to me along with the curve used and I’ll send the calibration back.

PiezoDN-700step-DTP70.tif.zip (1.3 MB)

remember to flip the image (if on mac you can do this directly in printer driver settings)

best,
Walker

Thanks Walker

I’m still getting my head around QTR / PiezoDN so may take me a few days - or I may have some questions

No problem. Sorry for delay in response.

best,
Walker