Newbie question, Gloss Optimizer

hello,

I am trying to make my first digital negatives and wondering if i should run a second pass for the Gloss optimizer

Set up: Epson 9880 with Regular K7 Selenium inkset : LLK-Gloss Optimizer, LM-shade5, LC-shade3, LB-shade6, Photoblack opaque, C-shade2, M-shade4, Y-shade7…Printing on Pictorico Ultrapremium OHP.

With this set up should i run a second pass to harden the negative? what GO curve to use, the 30000?

Do you print this second run in the same way as in printing on glossy papers?

Kind Regards,

Luc Brefeld

Never put a neg through a printer a second time. Too fragile.

The PiezoDN curves print a small amount of GO at the same time as the ink and this helps to harden the neg on first printing.

best,

Walker

Thanks Walker,

Clear answer. With my set up is shade 7 being used printing a digital Neg?

in my list of curves there is : 9800-9888-PiezoDN-Pd-AC-IJM curve …what palladium proces is this IJM curve made for?

Kind regards,

Luc

<span style=“caret-color: #5b5b5b; color: #5b5b5b; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 15.600000381469727px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>With my set up is shade 7 being used printing a digital Neg?</span>

PiezoDN curves do not use Shade 7.

<span style=“caret-color: #5b5b5b; color: #5b5b5b; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 15.600000381469727px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>in my list of curves there is : 9800-9888-PiezoDN-Pd-AC-IJM curve …what palladium proces is this IJM curve made for?</span>

This in an “Palladium developed in Ammonium Citrate” curve but this was early on in my learning about PtPd printing so in reality there should only be one Platinum/Palladium master curve and each practitioner should make their own calibrated curves off of that one. It’s in there only for posterity.

best,

Walker