New Print Head - Poor Print Quality

I have a P6000 that had a new print head installed. I followed the service manual steps. I input the new Head ID, performed a manual head adjustment, Printhead Slant Adjustment (PF). For the Printhead Slant Adjustment (CR) I was unable to get the lines to move up or down to align no matter what setting I tried. The print quality is poor, fine lines like a link fence or bricks are not sharp look distorted. But on my Epson 3880 using the same printing method, either the Piezo driver or QTR the same file looks nice and detailed. Any ideas on what could be the issue or other adjustment needs to be made.

Thanks
John

Probably the best source right now for EPSON Large Format help, parts, print heads, instructions, rebuilt used printers, and support is Arditos.com The reality is that they have been the best source since the 2000s… Perhaps you can pay for some on phone support and he can do diagnostics over the phone with you.

Best,

Jon

I was able to get the Printhead Slant Adjustment (CR) corrected. After looking at the Field Guide in more detail and the diagram with the ink selector taken out I could see how the knob and the leaver were making the adjustment. I discovered that the Service Manual was missing a screw that needed to be loosened to make the adjustment.

I have now done the Printhead Slant Adjustment (CR), Printhead Slant Adjustment (PF) and Uni-D Manual Head adjustment and the prints are coming out with detail that is unbelievable. I can see near perfect vertical and horizontal lines. Can ever see telephone wires and metal fencing.

Now I need to make adjustments to my 3880, when I compare the same photos I can see some detail missing on the 3880 that is there on the P6000

Thanks
John