Monitor for Piezography Pro

Hi Walker, Jon,

I am thinking about maybe investing in a new monitor. I read in the manual that Eizo CG or NEC Spectraview are recommended, and understand why*. As I shop for the monitors online, I see features that include “automatic calibration”, or similar. I am not sure if such newer monitors with this auto calibration features are of use.

Can you recommend a particular model number CG or Spectraview monitor ? New or legacy ?

• I have 3 archived LaCie Electron Blue monitors, with an original blue eye and a mac with os9 (!!!) to calibrate and profile these monitors. I can compare the gamuts to make sure they are still performing well.

I thought maybe the newer LCDs would provide superior resolution which may be advantageous for soft proofing <span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>Piezo Pro </span><span style=“line-height: inherit;”>due to it’s superior resolution.</span>

Thanks,

Tom

We suggest NEC SpectraView (new or old work) as they retain their calibration internally meaning you can have the same calibration and plug in various computers into the monitor.

best,

Walker