Link to full (audio+video) tutorial coming soon?

I was able to print out targets (the 21 step target for the Spyder) and now wish to read them and use PPE to linearize them but the majority of the documentation refers to using tools that are Mac centric such as Color Port and Print tool. I’m on Windows, using a Spyder3Print SR & SpyderPrint software 5.5 and I assume that is usable (since my i1Studio is not) as opposed to PrintTool, and ColorPort.
Under Linearizing Piezography it is stated “If using Windows, you must install the Curve Creator tools add-on that comes with the PC QTR installation package.” Upon opening QTRgui, under Tools, I can click on Curve Creator but I’m not sure how it is used in the Linearization process with Piezography. Any clarification available?
I did find these titles in the PPE manual and wondering when we can expect to see them?
Dynamic L* Measurement Detection
Any Number of Patches from 21 to 256
Variable Measurement Smoothing and Smooth Boosting
Falses Detection & Manual Correction
Piezography Curve Start Points
Channel Curve Smoothing Tutorial
Variable Ink Limiting
Target Luminance Calibration
Contrast Tweaking
Channel Remapping
Curve Blending
Curve Inversion
Save a Copy of Your Tool with Your Settings
I clicked on each of the screen shots for each of the above and all that was available was only a few seconds of watching a cursor move with zero audio.

Keith, can you give a URL reference to this? I’ve seen that some of the reference material is not current with PPE 2.

I am under the impression that Excel-based PPE2 should work very similarly between OSX and Windows. The only thing you are using Spyder3Print SR & SpyderPrint software 5.5 is to measure the Luminance values that are thing used in the Excel workbook.

Sure thing!
I found it in the Piezography Manual > Linearizing Piezography > Requirements #5
(https://shop.inkjetmall.com/linearizing-piezography)
As for the rest I listed, they were listed under Advanced Techniques beginning with “Overview”

Thanks. I just checked, and that video is referring to PPE 2. I’ll do some digging into the QTR package for PC and see if I can add some color commentary.

Stay tuned!

I found this reference on the QTR website that is written from the perspective of PC use.

User Guide by Tom Moore

Checkout pages 22 and 23 where it discussed the Linearization tab of the Curve Creator tool.

While I don’t have a PC, I have a virtual Windows machine using Parallels. If I can get a copy of the PPE2 Excel workbook for PC, I might be able to help translate.

@PiezographySupport, any thoughts?

Dear @keithr curve creator has zero to do with linearizing a piezography curve so just disregard the stuff you are reading from other sources.

PPEv2 linearizes/calibrated .quad files that we created separate from curve creator or any other QTR-type tool. So just follow the instructions on linearizing Piezography from our manual published at inkjetmall.com. All you need to do is figure out how to get LAB values from your Spyder workflow and past them into the measurements tap and then also paste the curve you are calibrating into the starting curve tab (per the video on linearizing that we provide).

warm regards
-Walker

@PiezographySupport I was thinking you might say something like.

You guys might consider changing the referenced material that Keith mentions. That is an IJM document (not another source) and is confusing.

done

all the best
-Walker

1 Like

Awesome!

@keithr sounds like you are off to the races!

Dive into this and let us know if you run into problems.

Thank you Walker. I am going to try and work through this thanks to you and to forum member JKScheirber for his information on using a spyder to read the targets.
That being said, I have another question concerning the targets. While you demonstrate your procedure going through Print tool and can select the target directly from your list, this is not possible printing through QTRgui. While I can select the target for the spyder (which is only 21 steps) and is placed into the preview window in QTRgui, when I hit the print button, I get a Log File Error Display window-Error: No pages found so it won’t print.
I did a work around, where I opened the target in PS, changed it to grey scale and verified that it was 2.2 and save it with a new name and as a tiff. Since this is the only way I can print any of the targets, if I did this to the 129 step target for the ColorMunki, then could this target be used for reading the targets. I am assuming that the more steps the more accurate the reading.