KM73 Photopolymer Curves

Hello

Where I can find a starting curve for printing with Piezo Pro inks ,Pictorico Ultra Film and KM73 photopolymer plates?

Thank you

Moises

You can make one using PPE2 and the hahnemuhle Photo rag PiezoPro curve. You’ll just want to print 256 steps, print as per normal, and then limit this new curve by setting the “starting point” to the the highest dMax step (so let’s say it’s 31 steps from step 1 in the shadows, you would set the shadow start point to 31). Then you linearize (normal workflow).

There are no official starting curves for gravure/film. We offer direct to plate starting curves for DTP workshop attendees at Cone Editions Press.

See this thread too:

best regards,
Walker

Thank you Walker I will start my calibration from this point !

Best

Moises

Hello Walker, how should I calculate the limit density using the 256 steps target (for gravure)? or should I use the Limiter.tif file?

Thank you!

Moises Levy

Walker should I limit the density on the “shadow start point” or should I put the values of the curve on the “New Curve Output Contrast tweaking”?

Thank you

Moises Levy

as I said above, limit with the shadow start point.

best,
Walker

Thank you I’ll start my Photopolymer calibration, I already made my first Palladium prints with very good results.

Best

Moises

1 Like