Install Command upgrade?

By chance, is there an upgrade “Install xxxx-Pro-Gravure.command”?

I’m having no luck with either Mac os14.2.1 or 10.15.7.

Hi Bill,

What’s happening?

best,
Jon

Hey, Jon-

Thanks for the uber-quick reply. There are two related issues using the Quad 7880-Pro-Gravure printer in Print-Tool.

• I bought a new MacStudio M2 Ultra, and it does not recognize any of my USB connected printers. I’m sure that’s an Apple issue.
  • My MacBook Pro does recognize the USB connect printerss but when I installed Quad 7880-Pro-Gravure I got a Terminal message indicating that the “default interactive shell is now zsh…Unable to create curve folder/Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone/Guad7880-Pro-Gravure.”

Weird. Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated. Meanwhile, I’ll continue to scour the internet or, tomorrow, reconnect my old trash can Mac so I can print.

Best Holiday wishes to you and Cathy!

Bill,
I don’t have one of the new M2 Ultras to try, but bash is still included in the new OSX.You can try typing “chsh -s /bin/bash” in terminal and try the script again.

Let me know if it works.
Jon

@bill Let’s have a call tomorrow. I’ll double-check tonight, but I don’t have any issues with the script on my M2 Ultra Mac Studio.

Hey man,

It’s been saying the zsh update thing for a while now. It’s just using a different bash interpreter but this won’t really change anything. You can ignore that part, however the rest of it is just a permissions thing.

If you run this command (it will ask for password) and then run the install command it will work.

sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone

If it does not work, set the permissions for the folder of curves (in >Applications>Piezography>Curves>YourFolder) and everything inside that folder to read-write for everyone.

best
-Walker

1 Like