Ink printing where it shouldn't be

Walker and others-

Bizarrely, all of a sudden multiple curves are printing ink on my 4880 (both P2 and DN) when they shouldn’t be. I noticed it when I printed a DN and the outside border (black) area of the print showed grey instead of nothing (see photo).

I checked the curve, it reads “0” for the 255 position in all 8 channels, and there are no missing lines in the quad file. I checked the image in Photoshop: the border is 255,255,255. I also printed the LLK purge images using both my DN curve and the P2 “PK-Master” curve, with same effect: grey was coming out of the LLK purge image, when I should have seen nothing or at a minimum some GO (right?). When I print with the GO-only curve, no ink comes out, just the GO as expected.

I’m not sure what to do next for troubleshooting. I have not updated any software lately, and I don’t allow Epson to update firmware. Do I maybe have a corrupted driver? Should I uninstall and reinstall the printers and/or QTR & PrintTool?

Other thoughts?

Thanks.

-Mike

IMG_3309.jpg

Please zip and upload the curves that you are using when this is printing grey.

-Walker

Also, make sure you are printing with “No Color Management” selected in print Tool.

-W

Thanks Walker. Attached as requested. I printed a DN last week, no problems, it just started the other day. “No Color Management” is selected.

4880-PiezoDN-SE4880_80pd20pt_Arches.quad_.zip (3.73 KB)

P2-SpecEd-PKHD-MASTER.quad_.zip (3.2 KB)

Curves look ok. I think you need to re-install QTR, delete the printer, and re-install the printer/curves?

-Walker

OK, that was my next step but I wanted to check with you all first. Thanks. -Mike