ICC Profiles in Photoshop

Should the provided ICC profiles included in \ICC\PiezoDN be used for soft proofing within Photoshop? Reading thru the documentation I am clear on using them with QTR Print Tool but am on a Windows platform and hoping I can use a ICC profile to soft proof in Photoshop and adjust as necessary for the desired contrast results.

If I copy the PiezoDN ICC profiles to the proper location and soft proof within Photoshop I get some crazy results with varying color casts on some profiles and other strange artifacts.

Soft Proof Setup:
Relative Colormetric or Perceptual
Black Point Compensation Enabled
Simulate Paper Color and Black Ink are Enabled

For instance with the above settings for the 4900 Salt IlgMGIV ICC profile I get a very dark image with a Copper Green color cast.

Cheers,
David

So, because the PC does not allow ICC profiling at print-time, you just want to soft-proof with the Default-PtPd icc profile in photoshop. Turn Preserve Color Numbers on and this will simulate the fine printed tones when using a linear workflow (aka qtrGUI).

Don’t use the other profiles to soft-proof with.

best,
Walker

Hi Walker,

What is the difference between then provided Pt/Pd ICC profile and the provided Salt IlgMGIV ICC profile? Wondering why soft proofing with Photoshop would only work with the Pt/Pd profile.

I will turn on “Preserve Color Numbers” and see if that works.

Cheers,
David

The default ICC is actually the one to use as long as you have linearized your curve before-hand.

I’m going to get rid of the less generic ICCs once I publish v 2.4. They were a youthful blunder and are unnecessary.

-Walker