Epson 3880 cart blinking in LCD panel

My Epson 3880 has 2 carts blinking in the LCD panel. Reset into the printer several times did not help.
Will replacing the large chip with a spare one help? I only made 6 prints since new installation.

Take the control chip off, seat it back in, tape over the solder points in the back so the control chip is firmer into the cart chip base frame. Then place in the printer. This should work.

best,
Walker

Thanks, Walker, it worked on #7 cart, but #9 did not work despite numerous attempts. Replacing the Control chip did solve the problem.
Best, Helmut

On my 3880 again the # 7 cart LED is blinking. Resetting and taping over the back solder points were of no help. I then used a new empty replacement cart, installed the small original chip and the new cartridge chip, no help. I assume the still missing ink would not be the reason ? Should I first fill the cart ?
Could the printer have internal problems ?

remove all the carts, replace with OEMs, take one cart at a time and put the OEM chip below the control chip, insert each IJM cart one at a time verifying that it’s working each time. This is how you can find the problem control chip/cart.

best
Walker