Delux manual p.18

Hi

I just moved from the old neg K6 inks to the new PDN. This is put in my R3000 printer and looks fine. Now I look at p. 18 in the updated manual (in download 2.0)

In the figure it says Y channel should have PK or shade #1. Is this correct I thought it should be Cleaner. Compare fig at p. 7.

Almost Happy New Year

Christer

Hi

I just moved from the old neg K6 inks to the new PDN. This is put in my R3000 printer and looks fine. Now I look at p. 18 in the updated manual (in download 2.0)

In the figure it says Y channel should have PK or shade #1. Is this correct I thought it should be Cleaner. Compare fig at p. 7.

Almost Happy New Year

Christer

PK in the Y channel is for “P2” ink configurations. You can choose either normal or P2.

Best,
Walker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker,

If you run PDN you put shade #1 in PK channel and Clean in Y channel

If you run PDN v2 you put shade #1 in PK and Y channel

?

//CT

No. There are two ways to place Piezography ink: traditional (PK is in the PK channel) and “Piezography 2” where PK is in the Yellow channel.

PiezoDN curves are build for either configuration (check the “piezodn-p2” folders in the most recent download). The benefit of putting PK in the Yellow channel is that it allows you to do tradition Matte printing and PiezoDN neg / Piezography-gloss printing with out wasting ink by switching inks in the printer.

If you look at the manual under “inksets” it talks about what Piezography 2 configuration is. Piezodn Version 2 has curves that have been re-mapped for the “p2” ink configuration.

Best and happy new years all,

Walker