Curves cannot be installed into QTR

After creating a new profile curve in PPE, I copy it to a Sublime text document and save it to my curves folder. The command to Install the curves no longer works. My mac just updated to Ventura 13.2 and this is when the problem started. I have the latest versions of Print Tool, QTR and Sublime text on my Mac.

Any ideas how to install the new curves? I did try to just copy the new curve into the QTR folder in the library, but Print Tool does not see it using this method.

Many thanks
David

Here is the error message from the Install Command in Piezography Curves:
Last login: Tue Feb 7 14:11:41 on ttys000
/Applications/Piezography/Curves/P800-PiezoDN-Pro/InstallP800-PiezoDNPro.command ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.
For more details, please visit Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support.
Davids-Mac-Mini:~ dsmini$ /Applications/Piezography/Curves/P800-PiezoDN-Pro/InstallP800-PiezoDNPro.command ; exit;
lpadmin: Printer drivers are deprecated and will stop working in a future version of CUPS.
cp: /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone/QuadP800-PiezoDNPro/Pro-PiezoDN-Cyanotype.quad: Permission denied
cp: /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone/QuadP800-PiezoDNPro/Pro-PiezoDN-Master.quad: Permission denied
cp: /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone/QuadP800-PiezoDNPro/Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-DevOut.quad: Permission denied
cp: /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone/QuadP800-PiezoDNPro/Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-PrintOut.quad: Permission denied

Installing QuadToneRIP Curves Printer QuadP800-PiezoDNPro
Curve Pro-PiezoDN-Cyanotype
Curve Pro-PiezoDN-Master
Curve Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-DevOut
Curve Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-PrintOut
Curve PtPd-Hahn_DevOut_2022_01_24a
Curve PtPd-Hahn_DevOut_2022_01_26
Curve PtPd-Revere_Fe1_2023_01_27
Curve PtPd-Revere_Fe1_2023_02_07
lpadmin: Printer drivers are deprecated and will stop working in a future version of CUPS.
Finished Installing Curves for QuadP800-PiezoDNPro
logout

Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.

[Process completed]

If you search around for this issue you can find a response from Walker. The fix is to run a Terminal command:
sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone

Afterward you’ll have to enter a password for the computer user.

Occasionally I have to run the command when installing new .quad files and I assume it happens after installing a MacOS update that resets permissions.

Thanks - problem solved!
Super helpful - really appreciate you taking the time.

David

Hello!
I have the same problem.
I have been trying to get to the bottom of the problem for days.
I am not a programming expert and not able to install the curves without help.
Thanks a lot, Heidi

macOSVersion 12.6.8

Terminal:
Last login: Wed Jul 26 10:19:02 on ttys001

For more details, please visit Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support.
mac-pro:~ Hintereck$ clear

mac-pro:~ Hintereck$ sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone
Password:
mac-pro:~ Hintereck$

Last login: Wed Jul 26 10:16:55 on ttys000

/Applications/Piezography/Curves/P900-PiezoDN/InstallP900-PiezoDN.command ; exit;

mac-pro:~ Hintereck$ /Applications/Piezography/Curves/P900-PiezoDN/InstallP900-PiezoDN.command ; exit;

Installing QuadToneRIP Curves Printer QuadP900-PiezoDN

Curve Pro-PiezoDN-Cyanotype

Inks mismatch: PPD has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,V,MK and Quad has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK

Curve Pro-PiezoDN-Master

Inks mismatch: PPD has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,V,MK and Quad has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK

Curve Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-DevOut

Curve Pro-PiezoDN-PtPd-PrintOut

Finished Installing Curves for QuadP900-PiezoDN

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Prozess beendet]

If you download and install the most recent community edition of piezography it will fix it

-Walker

Thanks for help, Walker.
I am quite at a loss. S
tarted completely from Zero.

1. Juli
    Installation QTR 2.8.2
    Installation PiezoDN 2.8.1.
    Printtool 2.3.4.

Same problem.
Printtool: The printer responds and prints, but does not load any curves.
Application Piezography: (Install (…) .command
Terminal:
clear
sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone
inks mismatch

So sorry, I did not realize this was PiezoDN. I need to convert to most recent version of QTR which support the violet channel.

This will take a bit.

Actually I realize that this curve was only given to Taos.

Here it is, this should work:

P900-Pro-PiezoDN-Master.quad (9.1 KB)

regards
-Walker

Walker, your are right, the new curve works. That makes the work easier, so many thanks for your time and knowledge! Now I do a pt pd print test, and also try to adjust a new curve. I will then give a short feedback - whether everything has proven itself in practice. You made my day! Ciao Heidi

Please note that this curve is for print-out palladium so it will be a dense neg most likely. It will need some tuning and calibration for develop-out PtPd.

regards
-Walker