Change the amount of Gloss

Hello everybody,
On one of my K4 curves I have too much gloss. How can I reduce it? Should I copy the LLK columns of the curves “x9-K4-GloassMasterV1-X-LGCO.quad” into my new curves? Or are there other solutions?
What is “NoWhiteGCO”? I see that the first number on LLK is a 0 instead of 30720 of the GlossMasterV1…

Thank you in advance for your help.

Anthony

Dear Anthony.

The easy way is to just use the LGCO curve and install it by dragging it into your curve folder and running the install command.

If you want to completely customize the amount of gloss yourself, simply open the blender tool. Copy the normal curve (with GCO) into the COOL column and the corresponding curve that is in the NGCO (no GCO) folder into the warm column. Alternatively you can copy the existing curve into the warm column and then just zero out the 256 numbers under LLK and that will do it too.

Then in the blender settings sheet, you will see ONLY the GCO change and nothing else.

This will allow you to change the amount of GCO across the entire tonal scale however you see fit.

best,

Walker

ps: Related to x900 printers and GCO, I am working on a new driver that significantly improves both dot placement and dot size and dither and microweave on these printers and enables a higher amount of GCO.

VERY INTERESTED in this new driver for use with my Cool K5/Warm K4 7900 setup.

Timetable?

Is this the new driver that will run only on Linux and Mac?

Thanks, Dave

It will run on both Linux and Mac and will run on PC with a Linux virtual machine.

Beta will come out for PiezoDN first, then K7, then Pro.

The tricky part is getting blending set up properly for Pro because programming that bit into the driver is complicated and there are drawbacks to having it built into the driver. We may set blending up as a web server backend which would enable a much better GUI and allow us to implement 256 linearization for Pro users directly in the driver but just in a browser window.

We’ll see. Currently PiezoDN is our huge push for the new driver because negs and pro ink really require 2880x2880 dpi on wide-formats and 5760x2880 dpi on small formats. QTR does not allow for this (no even the Epson driver).

best,

Walker

OK, thanks. Last question for now: What flavor of Linux are you using for development/testing?

Ubuntu, but regression tests show that it will work on just about every flavor of Linux.

best,

Walker

Thanks once again Walker,
The result with LGCO curve is much more better, but I will try to reduce it just a little bit. The print without GCO is still a little bit more precise . Very Good News about the next new driver!

Best,

Anthony