Cartridges not recognized on new P800

Hi
I have a 2019 P800 which I tested with OEM inks and worked well.

I have replaced these inks with new filled Piezo cartridges, and installed the decoder board for the P800.

I followed the written instructions and also the video to the letter, and double checked all positions, rebooted the machine etc.

I receive an error message on the printer that ALL of the cartridges are not installed correctly.

It could be the decoder board, but I installed it exactly as the instructions.
I have not done a reset on the decoder board - the instructions say that the printer should recognize the inks as 100% full on the first install.

Any thoughts?
David

Have you tried resetting the decoder board? I sometimes have to reset mine for no apparent reason as my cartridges are no longer recognized. Kind of agonizing but it seems to work.

I have almost same problem here in Japan.
The most of cartridges are not recognized on the P800, but sometime does a few, so unstable.

The chips are set correctly in the cartridges, and the cartridges themselves are working correctly on the other 3880 I checked.

I suppose that Japanese P800 doesn’t need the decoder board, but U set it correctly in case.
Please let me know the ways to resolve this matter.

Most likely you have 1 of the three main ribbon cables not properly installed in the decoder board itself. It’s very easy to install these ribbon cables upside down. Double check.

best,
Walker