Can't open 3 of 4 .xlsb tools

I have iMac with OS X 10.11.6. I use VMware Fusion 8.1.1, Windows 10x64, Excel 2016. The only tool I can open in Excel 2016 for PiezoDN is Piezography_Curve_Adjustment.xlsb. I cannot open:

PIEZOGRAPHY_LINEARIZATION_CHECKER.xlsb

21STEP_SCANNER_TOOL.xlsb

129STEP_PIEZODN_CGATS_SMOOTHER.xlsb

See screen shots below.

Please re-send these files in case they are merely corrupted.

Tim

I can open all of these in both excel 2016 through excel 2011 on both windows and pc (vmware for windows 10).

In the meantime use the .numbers smoother tool. I’ll research more. Excel seems to want to update things early and often now-adays.

best,

Walker

I do not have Mac Excel 2016.

As I stated in my Sept. 2 post, I use VMware Fusion 8.1.1, Windows 10×64, and Excel 2016 (the PC version) on my iMac OS x 10.11.6 . Since I can open the Piezography_Curve_Adjustment.xlsb tool with my setup, this combination of programs appears to be functioning correctly.

I am stumped as far as using the Piezography_Linearization_Checker.xlsb. Since the popup shown below suggests it could be a corrupted file, I would appreciate it if you would just send another file to see if I can open it.

If that doesn’t work, could you save the file as a .xlsx, .xlsm, or some Excel format other than the Workbook Binary and send that to see if I can open it?

Tim

Please view this webpage for the instructions on how to enable XLSB files.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-excel/office-2016-excel-personalxlsb-file-will-not-open/d98efcb8-66b9-41c6-af61-3b0a3fd363ad?auth=1

Best,

Walker

Also, you DO have excel 2016. It’s my understanding that this is a subscription software yes? This will enable you to download both versions. If you installed this in some other way I can’t help.

These have to stay in binary mode for many reasons. In order to use them, you simple have to enable excel to open binary-mode “xlsb” files. They were created with Excel 2016 (and most recently validated to work on it on multiple OS’s and computers) so there is no reason for them not to open in yours.

Walker

No, I do not have the subscription version of Excel or Office. I have the standalone program, Excel 2016 (Windows version) purchased on August 4, 2016 from Microsoft.

<span style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; background-color: #fbfbfb; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #3f3f3f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif;”>Since I am able to open the file, </span><span style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; background-color: #fbfbfb; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #3f3f3f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif;”>Piezography_Curve_Adjustment.xlsb, with my setup (VMware Fusion 8.1.1, Windowns 10x64, Excel 2016 (Windows version), it appears this combination of programs is activated with regard to .xlsb files.</span>

What I am unable to do is open the file, <span style=“color: #3f3f3f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Piezography_Linearization_Checker.xlsb. Please re-send the file.</span>

Tim

Does this one work?

Working on updating.

Sorry for the late reply. Was downstairs drum-scanning and printing all week so far.

-Walker

Excel allows both windows and mac downloads, so try opening this in the most recent mac excel 2016.

best,

Walker

No, I do not have the subscription version of Excel or Office. I have the standalone program, Excel 2016 (Windows version, purchased on August 4, 2016 from Microsoft.

Since I am able to open the file, Piezography Curve Adjustment.xlsb, with my set up (VMwareFusion 8.1.1, Windows 10x64, Excel 2016 (Windows version), it appears this combination of programs is activated with regard to .xlsb files.

What I am unable to do is open the file, Piezography Linearization Checker.xlsb. Please re-send the file. This file is crucial for me to progress.

Tim