Blocky curve using i1iSis for linearisation

I followed Walker’s video for printing the 31 x 9 step test chart in Print-Tool and measuring it in i1Profiler v3.30 using i1iSis and the curves in Excel are blocking and weird.

When I loaded the Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro2.pwxf workflow for the i1Pro 2 to measure using i1Pro 3 to see whether it was the iSis, the chart could not be measured because it was different from the Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro2.tif printed in Print-Tool. From within i1Profiler I printed the chart using QTR printer and was able to measure using i1Pro 3 and create a proper curve.

Back to the iSis and I printed the Piezography-512step-i1iSis.tif in Print-tool and measured using Piezography-512step-i1iSis.pwxf for the iSis, then copied measurements into Excel and was able to create a proper curve:

The prints from both linearised curves look outstanding btw.

Would like to understand what’s going on with the blocky curve on Piezography-31x9step-isis.tif and Piezography-31x9step-isis1.pwxf when measured using the iSis. Also why the targets are different for Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro2.tif and Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro2.pwxf.

TIA

Should this go on Github instead?

31x not supported yet. Feel free to file the bug fix request
21x target needs fixing (already filed on GitHub)

regards,
Walker

1 Like

Thanks Walker, will do. I started with the 512 step and the results are amazing.

The process I’m following is:

1. Print the 512 step for each warm, neutral and cool, then measure 24 hours later and produce a curve
  2. Using curve from step 1 above, print the 700 step for each warm, neutral and cool, then measure 24 hour later and produce a curve

Do I need to produce curves in a similar manner for noGCO etc?

TIA

yes,

best regards,
Walker

1 Like

Is there any problem with going in straight off with a 700 patch target or do I have to do 512 first, then do 700?

no problem, you can do just the 700

best,
Walker

1 Like

Glad you said that Walker - on my third print :wink: Thank you!